Monday, January 3, 2011

happy 2011/remembrance of things past


Happy New Year everyone!!
Hope you all enjoyed a little rest and relaxation this past week.
To start off the new year, I thought I would acknowledge my past a little bit. I have been printing in the darkroom for friends over the holidays and I found myself working on this image. I shot this image a long time ago for the Surface Avant Guardian issue. I think it was the first ever Avant Guardian issue and it was not like it is run now. I was asked to participate, which was completely flattering, and a first for me at that point in my career. Anyhow, the other day in the darkroom, I found it very satisfying to realize I still really like this picture. It holds up, even after what...10 years? It puts me back in touch with the wistful, romantic girl I was at the very beginning of my career. I am still that girl today in a lot of ways, but the work evolves as it is supposed to.

2 comments:

  1. i can see why you love this photo so much. you are an amazing artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and touching picture. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete